25 Random Things About Me

1. On average, I drink 12 cups of tea a day.
2. I get more upset when I see animal suffering and cruelty than I do with human suffering and cruelty.
3. I love cherry blossom trees and like seeing the blossoms scattering in a breeze.
4. I don’t fear death but fear getting old and the decline of the mind and body.
5. I really detest rudeness, bad manners and arrogance.
6. I feel embarrassed and humble when I receive gifts, so much so, that I would rather not receive them.
7. I used to practice hoodoo until I realised that there was maybe some truth to the ‘Threefold Law’.
8. I frequently hide behind humour.
9. Looking at baby animals or animals giving birth can reduce me to tears.
10. I have separate recurring dreams about buying trinkets in a flea market, rescuing goldfish in filthy tanks and trying to gather lots of pet rodents that have escaped from their cage; I also feel more alive and more of a complete person in my dreams.
11. I prefer silver to gold.
12. When I see someone bending over, I have this compulsion to want to kick their backside.
13. I like closing my eyes and getting lost in music when I dance.
14. I have a scatological and mischeivous sense of humour.
15. I probably have a far from liberal view on crime and punishment.
16. I get slightly irritated when I see price/size labels on the soles of women’s shoes in the street.
17. Despite looking at a pub menu, I always seem to order fish & chips.
18. I have an obsessive nature and think too much.
19. I would love to visit Japan, and I know how to say, ‘how much will this letter to Scotland cost’ and ‘can you speak more slowly’ in Japanese.
20. I can’t look at my reflection properly and make conscious efforts to avoid it.
21. I have watched approximately 660 episodes of the ‘Law & Order’ franchise, and know more about the American judicial system than the British.
22. I was 4 years old when I first got drunk, on half a bottle of Harvey’s Bristol Cream sherry.
23. I have seen a film called ‘The Incredibly Strange Creatures who Stopped Living and Became Mixed Up Zombies’.
24. I love the smells of fresh ginger, orange oil and patchouli.
25. I have given someone rabbit poo to eat, letting them think it was chocolate.