My name is David Oswald; I’m originally from Glasgow but currently living in Nottingham. I originally started this blog, to showcase some of the resin jewellery that I make and the inspiration and ideas behind some of the items.
It did start off as a regular blog, but I came to the conclusion that I wasn’t going to be much of a regular blogger, as sometimes you just don't feel like talking, or you might not have anything of interest to say- so I decided to transform my blog into a faux-website.

I have been involved in various creative fields, from graphic design, making short films & videos to multi-media exhibitions. I am a very visual person; my tastes are eclectic and I get inspiration and ideas from various sources.

Eye Love comes from a tattoo that I had done quite a number of years ago; it did have a different meaning for me initially, but now I think of it as my love of the visual. I use this as my logo for almost everything I do.

It all about the brand!



I used to make and sell resin jewellery many years ago (17 years in fact), I recently found one of the pieces that I had made and I’d like to think that my technique and ideas have improved...


The majority of the items are cast from polyester resin, using commercially available moulds and self made silicone moulds, which have been taken from handcrafted clay models or shop bought items.

Out of Chaos...

...comes more chaos!
Thought I would share a photo of my workshop...well, it's really more of a workspace...on second thoughts, it's more of an approx two foot square on the kitchen surface space...I suppose it's the end result that's the important thing!








Interests...

Japanese culture, art, music, films, animals and nature, magik

Favorite Artists...
David Lachapelle, Pierre et Gilles, Tamara de Lempika, Warhol, Lichtenstein, Steven Klein, The Chapman Brothers, Joe Oppedisano, Amanda Lepore.

Favorite Films (ones that I never tire watching)...
Female Trouble, Daughters of Darkness, Suspiria, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original), Evil Dead, Double Agent 73, Faster Pussycat Kill Kill, Planet Terror, Japanese horror movies- Ringu, Italian Giallos, John Waters movies.